Re: 16v loss of power in the 2k-3k rpm range

Fuel x-fer pump, bad gas(oline), old fuel filter, spark,
clogged cat, hmmm what else....

first off get some good gas and try that, then in order of
least expensive options :)

sorry I couldn't be of more help... good luck

--- humpnyomom <humpnyomom@home.com> wrote:
> My 2.0L 16v seems to be losing power in the 2k-3k rpm
> range. The catch is,
> that sometimes it loses power and other times it will be
> fine. It's almost
> like it bogs sometimes, but not really. The tach just
> barely creeps up until
> it hits about 4k rpm, and then it takes off. Sometimes I
> can detect a little
> bit of a jerking motion. What could be my problem? I have
> CIS-E injection
> and an autotech 16v cam set. The adjustable cam gear is
> advanced 2 degrees.
> TIA!!
>
> Justin
> '86 Scirocco 16v 2.0L

=====
Jason Adams
Fahrvergnugen Forever :) Oo=w=oO
84 rocco 16v
84 rocco turbo (project stage)
98 chevy Z71 (cause everyone needs a truck!)
...I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter...