From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Wm. Josiah Erikson
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2001 4:31 PM
To: Scirocco List
Subject: Re: Tech Question: 16V passat engine again.

I have, at times, removed the OXS sensor. Sometimes it significantly
reduces your gas mileage, but it will run, and generally run fine.
Don't
do this if you have a cat, as it will plug it up. Also, it will
probably
increase your emissions, so I wouldn't recommend it for a road car.
Some people report having passed emissions with flying colors with no
cat
and no O2 sensor. Well hey - then why not? I'm about to try : )
	-Josiah

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Langford, Cory wrote:

>  One more questions to send out there.
>
>  Can the Ox sensor be "faked".  IE: can I remove the Ox sensor?
>
>  Also, will the 4-2 down pipe from an early MK1 fit on a 16V head?
>
> Just thinking of what options I have for exhaust. I have an old
manifold,
> and this would save me buying a header for the 16V if I go that
route

> Thanks again
>
> Cory

'87 5KCSTQW