Re: color suggestions on a mk1?

>From: "Wing Gee" <winggee@hotmail.com>
>To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>Subject: color suggestions on a mk1?
>Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 15:26:11 -0700
>
>I have a lead on someone doing the paint job for me. but i dunno if i want
>to keep the stock color. right now it's mars red but everything is faded.
>burnt orange? midnight blue? let's just say this.. the people that will be
>painting will be people with a few years experience and basically aren't
>charging me much to do it.  but i have to supply all the materials.... and
>have no clue what materials to get.. paint and clear coat? all i know is
>ppg
>is good... i just have to fix a few dents and the car will be ready to be
>painted. i just can't' take the windows out cause my seals are really bad
>as
>it is and i have no leads on good seals. i just need some guidance on
>getting this car painted... bumpers? should i get that painted? how do i
>prep the bumpter to be painted?
>
>just waiting for scott on the leads of the kit and i'll be set... joy.. me
>getting happy......
>
>Thanks....
>

>Wing Gee
>80'  Arkay Turbo Scirocco
>84' Scirocco 80shot! (Yum...)
>Http://www.TurboRocco.com (it'll get updated eventually)
>
>--

If you can afford it I'd recommend a "two stage" base coat and clear coat
system, urethane of course. In terms of slecting a color I went to the VW
dealer, looked around the new car lot found what I wanted, then asked the
salesman to open the trunk so I could get the paint code.

I went with "Satin Silver" as seen on the Passat 2000 and others.

It's all personal preference. On my other bone stock Scirocco I decided to
stay with the original color for posterity.

David G