Re: What needs a gauge? was: How much electric current?

> >Do what you think is right, Here is my preference
> in order:
> >
> >Oil temp
> >Volts
> >Oil Pressure
> >Air to Fuel Ratio
> >Head Temp
> >Amps
> >Pyrometer in the Cat
> >Vacuum on the Intake side

Ignoring what the factory installed, and dismissing
fuel, speedo, and tach, here's my list of no-brainers:
-Water Temp
-Oil Pressure
-Volts
-Oil Temp
-Amps (volts tells you most of what you need to know)
-Compass (I get lost easily.  I blame it on being
left-handed)

Those are the key ones in almost anyone's book.
Then...
-Exhaust Manifold Temp (modded engines/management
systems only)
-Underhood/intake air temp
-Maybe another oil pressure gauge (sensor mounted
different location)
-A/F mixture (Exh. man temp tells you enough)
-Tranny oil temp (racers only, really)
-Fuel pressure (underhood)
-Vacuum (have one one a car, never use it, wich
something else were there)

Other thoughts?

BTW I'd sure like to see some of these in center-pin
style, I like that over the common bottom-mounting for
the needle.

=====
Ron (Cheapass)
'87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
ICQ 108845455

"One....two....one...two...three..."
-Lynyrd Skynyrd