mixture and vacum hose questions

Going through some tuneups yesterday...what is the correct idle mixture
value for a 1.8 16V, as measured in miliamps at the DPR?  Bentley says 10ma
but I seem to recall reading somewhere that it shoudl be 5ma.  Is the
Bentley correct?

Finallly, on the back of teh intake hose/boot thing there is a metal type
bracket with 2 small vacum hose nipples.  One of these has a small hose
(about 6 inches) going to a T near teh firewall.  My hose is in very bad
shape and doesn't stay on very well.  What is this for anyway?  And teh
other nipple has nothign attached to it.  What should be on this?  Or can I
just plug it up?

Brad

87 16V