Re: audi fuel pressure thingy

The vacuum line connection is used to sense when the engine is under heavy
load.  The pressure regulator compensates by richening the fuel mixture.
You should take a look at how the pressure regulator is
hooked up on the 5000.  You can probably adapt the vacuum lines on the 5000
to work with your scirocco.  If you don't connect the vacuum lines the audi
pressure regulator won't work any better than the stock one on your
scirocco.
  Let us know how it works out.  I've heard mixed results about this mod.
It sounds like it should work - at least in theory.  The Techtonics guys
mention in their catalog that they have not been able to get significant
gains from it, but this may be on systems that already have some form of
full throttle enrichment.  I suspect the audi 5000 engine puts higher
demands on the CIS system and needs the extra enrichment.

-Shawn