Re: engine sensor identification(16V)

Brad Sayer wrote:

> Going through my engine bay (87 16V) tonight I have come up with some
> questions I may need some help on, involving the various coolant sensors.
<snip>
> Confused and finding the Bentley wirign diagrams to be damn confusing and of
> little help right now....
>
> Brad
> 87 16V

Not all of them are TEMP sensors, more than not they are Oil Pressure
Sensors. You have at least two if not three on the car; one for too Low,
one for too High, and perhaps one for the gauge.

That accounts for three + one for coolant temp = four + one unused
(prob. to a coolant or oil temp w/out a gauge) = 5.

Try looking at those schematics again now.

TBerk