Re: Clogged Cat?

Keep in mind that this is a symptom of other problems.  More than likely it
is/was running too rich or too lean to cause it to burn up.  Usually cats
last a LONG time and in a well maintained car they will last the lifetime of
the car.  These "other" problems can be as simple as a bad plug wire or
fouled plug to things as complicated as a bad computer or labor intensive as
bad rings.  If you take it to a shop to have the cat replaced 99% of the
time they will void the warranty of the new cat if they know that the car
has runability problems so I would find out the cause of the bad cat before
taking it to a shop to have a cat installed so you can take full advantage
of the warranty that comes with the cat.  HTH!!

Dave