Re: Info from turbo guru's again.

haha. you make it sound like i was doing it for ages... it has been less
than a year since i started my turbo project. during that. i was running
10psi with a IHI rhb5 with the wastegate disconnected. it was running sooo
lean that it was regulating the boost on the turbo. after finding out the
car coughed out at 3900rpm on the dyno, i started to troubleshoot.(got
154ft/lbs of torque though @3900) i shimmed the fuel distributor and got
13psi out of it. but that still wasn't enough and that's what popped my 2nd
cylinder piston. comes to find out, that it was probably my Pencil sized
fuel pump. I DIDN'T have a stock bosch pump, i had a carparts.com pencil
pump. AND i was running K-basic. i would say you would need at least  CIS
W/Lambda. my AIC didn't fuel crap for the engine. i would be surprised if it
even turned on.. it did, but didn't do any good.

Mike Lane here has a GTI with the exact same kit as mines, he got a volvo
fuel distributor and CPR, from a stock turbo car. it's still CIS and should
be able to get the 14psi that he and i wants.

needless to say.. i'm fed up with CIS and going the digifant route. G60
injection.

CIS will work, it just needs alot of patience and tuning. not to mention
research.

now i run everything rich :-). i ran my 84 with a 80shot nitrous, with no
ill effects at all.

A year later and more wiser about turbo setups :-)

Wing Gee
80'  Arkay Turbo Scirocco (being Resurrected)
84' Scirocco 80shot! (Yum...)
Http://www.TurboRocco.com (it'll get updated eventually)