Re: mk1 Master cylinder and brake options

At 03:39 PM 6/19/01 -0500, Gary Huff wrote:
>So,
>	The mk1 taillight switch is off of the master cylinder, something posing
a bit of a problem since I am going to be using a 16v pedal cluster, 16v
master cylinder, and 16v brake booster in my car. I know the 16v scirocco
has the switch on the pedal. Someone else out there has to have done this.
I ask, is it simple? Simple as wiring up said switch? As far as the 16v
Pedal cluster, this should be a straight bolt up, correct? I would think it
would be, plus the 16v cluster has the nifty spring on the clutch pedal.
Peace,
>		-Gary Huff
>
>--
Yes it is a direct bolt on.  I did this on my '81.  I don't know about the
switch
but I would think it would work.  You probably just have to run the wires
inside
to the switch.  I used the MkII harness on mine that's why I'm not positive
on
this part.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V - Needs an oil pump gear
'78 Scirocco Bronzish Gold color, 4 speed.