Re: Rebuilding rear calipers?

I called about these a few months ago...seems they'll
bolt up, but bleeder screws are not at the top, and
maybe you'll have to change sides to get ebrake and
line fittings to hook up.  Didn't sound like a
solution to me.

I waited, and eventually bought a pair off a guy on
the vortex (he was parting a 16V) for $50 the
pair...and guess what...neither ebrake seems to work.
But I found my old ones do!  Seems the issue was bad
cable and a spring that had popped off.

Ron

--- Brad Sayer <vwrocco85@hotmail.com> wrote:
> It doesn't mention an A1 application.  Can we fit A2
> rear calipers on our
> cars?
>
> Brad
> 87 16V
>

> >Replace 'em
> >
> >haven't tried these yet, I'm waiting till mine
> seize... :(
> >

>http://www.trmperformance.com/prod_detail.asp?record=11
> >

> >--- Tyler Zachau <zp1@pop.spkn.uswest.net> wrote:
> > > My drivers side read caliper seized on me the
> other day.
> > > I took it apart
> > > and got it so it's driveable, but it still needs
> to be
> > > fixed. Question is,
> > > are rear calipers rebuildable? Is there a kit?
> > > Thanks
> > > Tyler
> > > 8816v
> > >

> > > --
> > > Email LIST problems to:
> scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org.
> the
> > > message to majordomo@scirocco.org
> > >

> >=====
> >Jason Adams
> >Fahrvergnugen Forever :) Oo=w=oO
> >84 rocco 16v
> >84 rocco turbo (project stage)
> >98 chevy Z71 (cause everyone needs a truck!)
> >...I'll try being nicer if you'll try being
> smarter...

> message to
> >majordomo@scirocco.org

=====
Ron (Cheapass)
'87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
ICQ 108845455

"One....two....one...two...three..."
-Lynyrd Skynyrd