Re: Tech advice needed - Motor Mount Replacement.

"Langford, Cory" wrote:

>  I have finally had enough of the constant vibrations in my Scirocco.  It is
> so bad
> now that I can't see out of the rear view mirror clearly, as it bounces so
> quickly everything
> is blurred. I have to grab it and hold on to it to see out of :(
>
> So, time to replace the motor mount on the timing belt side.
>
> I have seen this done before, and looks like a real pain.  Any helpful
> suggestions?  Or am I stuck with moving the motor up and down trying to get
> the allan bolts out.  Any tools that make the job easier? (Home made or
> otherwise)
>
> TIA
>
> Cory

Cory, once you get the two of three bolts out that are easiest you will
find it hard to get the last one. Some folks chop a Hex Key down to fit
in the narrow space, some folks grip the outside with needle nose Vice
Grips. Once you have it out you might consider replacing it with a hex
cap head bolt, I did.