Re: 'this alternator bearing will self destruct in 5 seconds'

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001 09:03:56 -0500 Gary Huff <scirocco86@home.com>
writes:
>I know a lot of hardcore camaro/small block chevy guys and they say
>that the weight savings of building a drag car sans alternator is not
>worth it since you need it's power output for an HEI(high energy
>ignition..), and also that you *will* run slower since generating
>spark eats a lot of juice by itself, and that the battery does not
>have enough power by itself to generate this properly, especially at
>high rpms. Food for thought at least,
>	-Gary Huff

NAY.
ran the Funnycar on battery power alone. Charged it the night before the
event, ran all weekend long with it.
The import racing scene is still behind on alot of things. (Secrets ill
reveal when I debut my drag car someday..) Then again we ran a magneto
and almost no electronics so, there might be a need for a little
alternator.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette -SS 30-
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!