Re: 'this alternator bearing will self destruct in 5 seconds'

I know a lot of hardcore camaro/small block chevy guys and they say that the weight savings of building a drag car sans alternator is not worth it since you need it's power output for an HEI(high energy ignition..), and also that you *will* run slower since generating spark eats a lot of juice by itself, and that the battery does not have enough power by itself to generate this properly, especially at high rpms. Food for thought at least,
	-Gary Huff