Re: Elevating RPMS Culprit found?

OK well since nobody has mentioned it..... Your heater control is
electically connected to the AC relay which in turn makes the idle high and
the radiator fan come on. I removed the AC on my wifes Jetta when I put the
new engine in and bypassed the relay so that it would work on speed #4
without bumping the idle or turning the rad fan on. Sorry, I dont remember
which terminals I jumpered for this but it should be pretty simple if you
look at your Bentley.

>Andre Persaud wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for all the replies
> >
> > Here's what I noticed today. BTW no ac with no charge.
> > Driving around no high rpms. Highway again and then local the rpms came
>up.
> > AC fan on at this time,. When I turned the fan off the rpms came down.
> > Turned the fan on, pushed slider to heater, rpm came down. Turned
>everything
> > off, rpms came down to about 1000.
> > Likely no charge in ac, otherwise everything as before. Can this be a
>reason
> > for this?
> > Thanks
> > Andre
> >
> > Saw Allyn's shtick about the Autozone recharge so I went and bought one.
> > Will tell of my experience soon.
> >

>Hey- the Autozone thing was a different kind of coolant than what you
>have i the car now (if still stock).
>
>btw- What you relate is standard for the A/C equipped cars; they idle
>higher to offset the drag on HP of the compressor engaged.
>
>TBerk
>
>--

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867