Re: Over heating Coil experience...

Robert,

Yes your coil can overheat, it is a sign that your coil is going to shit...
your exaust really has nothing to do with it... REPLACE the coil before it
completeley dies!  This happened to me on the way back from cincy this year,
replaced the coil with a spare i had and it fixed the problem.

Jason Arms (Essex, VT)

'81 Scirocco S ***Coming AUGUST to a driveway of mine***
'81 Scirocco S (12 pack rocco)
'87 Scirocco 16v
'88 Jetta GLI 16v (New winter car)
'64 Sunroof Beetle (livin' a new life)