From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Vee Dubb
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2001 12:52 AM
To: Scirocco-l
Subject: Max RPM

Here's something new to argue about (Oh, as far as the others go, 1) Jan was
right, don't drive like an idiot; and 2) beat the Hondas you can beat and
congratulate the rest.  Fortunately, you'll probably beat most of them):

What's the highest RPM a built 2.0l could/should run?

Assuming it can make useful amounts of power up to that speed, what's the
highest rpm these things could do without grenading for a good 50,000 miles
or so.  Specify whatever mods (no I don't want ot hear about your tires,
clutches, sway bars, brakes, mono-wipers, stickers, CIS-E limitations, fuel
starvation, etc.) you feel like specifying to make the engine withstand (NOT
reach) that speed.

Basically I'm looking for something like:

John Doe is my best friend in the whole wide world, and with stronger valve
springs and head bolts he runs his diesel rabbit at 9000rpm.

So the question is, if it CAN, how high should it be allowed to?

Thanks;
Brian Haygood