Re: scirocco towing

As I increase the power avaialble (and braking) I always wanted to add a
trailer hitch to the back end of My rocc- towing small trailer,
emergency tow viechle.

I have no illusions of my car repacing a 4x4 or anything.

When I was looking into it I always found this really crappy design
where the mount would attach 1st under the spare tire well (ok) and
again to the bumper (wtf?) This would convert my nice collapsable bumper
(with telescoping mounts) to a fixed bumper. Uh, No.

So I have been sketching a few designs where it mounts at more than one
point _around_ the spare tire well, even perhaps two points at each of
the exiisting axle mounts.

If I consider my car a nominal 2,000 lbs then I figuge I can pull half
to 3/4 of that if loaded right. And maybe a car my own weight from point
A to B but on the down low- not at full till slalom speeds.

Thems my proto-thinks,
TBerk