Re: scirocco towing

The owner's manual has towing weights for the different models.
My '82 GL had a tow bar which attached to the spare wheel well and some
other points underneath - nowhere near the bumper. Looked fine and was
plenty solid enough, as the couple of people who bumped me from behind would
testify! I'd have kept it when I broke the car but it had the full size
spare wheel well so it wouldn't have fitted later models.

Ewan.