Re: MKI wiring question

At 7:04 AM -0700 6/13/01, Anthony Pelletier wrote:

>I ran into a small snag.  (Car is a 1980 Scirocco) I
>have a green wire that runs under the radiator.  Its a
>solid green color covered by black wire loom
>(factory).  It exits out of the harness near where the
>battery should be and runs under the radiator along
>the support.  Does anyone know what this goes to?
>This isn't power for the coil is it?  That was the
>only green wire I could find on the wiring diagram and
>it appears to have gotten its power from the fuse box.
> Does anyone know what it is?????

This isn't the alternator exciter wire that has discolored from blue
to green is it?  That's the only wire I can think of that had to run
around there that was any color close to green.......

| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY      '93 Passat GLX, '84 Scirocco    |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         '81 Rabbit Convertible 16v     |