list of possible demons shortens tremendously

ok, i have narrowed down the problem to 2 possible demons (from the infinite before).  I adjusted teh ide mixture ever so slightly CCW, and the engine now wonbt successfully start at all.  When i put it back to teh old position, it smells rich as hell and start but runs like shit.  So, tell me if im wrong assuming this, but i believe that the cold start valve is now DEAD and the thermotime switch is on it's way out.  I think the previous owner was a dumbfu#k and, instead of replacing the CSV, he just cranked the idme mixture up like a mudda fucka to make up for the crapped-out CSV.  For good measure, im going to replace teh thermotime switch, and hopefully all problems will be solved.  I will also probably hollow out the cat jsut for a little mroe power and noise.

Dan Miller

88 16v