Re: Helps with belts and stuff(Thanks all)

In a message dated 6/12/2001 2:07:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
vwrocco85@hotmail.com writes:

<< Make sure the PS is all the way up as high as it will go.  There are a
 number of bolts holding it in, including one hidden in the bracket that hold
 the tensioner.  Have to come in from the drivers side toward the passenger
 side.  Pain in the ass.   >>

Thanks for the help everyone.  The above turned out to be my exact problem.
This was the exact direction I needed once I removed these bolts I was able
to swing the P/S pump in all sorts of different directions.  In the process I
managed to crush my finger,  well im exaggerating a little here,  actually i
managed to pin my index finger between the pump and a bracket as i rotated it
(Ouch), its nice and swollen now.  But its all worth it because i probably
saved about 75 buck labor, and i got to spend quality time with the rocco.
Once again this list pull through.  Thanks again all.

Brian 86 Rocco 16v
and 98 Jetta GLX Vr6

<http://www.geocities.com/vwrocco16v/>

<http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html>