Re: Potterman out of the office?

I got a reply! He must be in now! My email was fairly unimportant (ie, my
car still runs) which maybe why it took so long.

From: T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com>
To: Mark Mages <wasserbox@yahoo.com>
CC: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Potterman out of the office?
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:43:59 -0700

Mark Mages wrote:

 > Just wondering if any of you with the inside track on
 > Potterman knew if he was answering emails?
 >
 > Gotta have my parts fix.....
 >
 > =====
 > Mark

SInce it's a family run shop I am given to understand he gets swamped
with email sometimes.
I have had good luck for the most part but I'll bet getting a good
message subject (clear, concise, etc.) will help your cause.

Messages like:

A Question

OR maybe

Hey Dude, How ya doin?

Will look like lower priority email, if not outright SPAM, (no offense).

Subjects like;

Need a front bearing for a 78 Scirocco

with the details in the body of the message might just get a more timely
response.

Note; I am not part of his crew, just a customer. I'm not guaranteeing
nuttin.

hth,
TBerk