RE: SUV vs Minivan

SUV owners are "individualists" but also want to be hip?  Isn't this a
contradiction?  The only way to be "hip" is to jump on the bandwagon, and an
individualist wouldn't do that.

We recently sold our Cherokee, and I will never buy another SUV.  Our 528e
has just as much room as the Jeep, is much more comfortable, gets at least
50% better gas mileage (that's not an exaggeration - it's about 65% better
in town!), and actually takes advantage of technology (Motronic, IRS, ABS,
etc.) rather than using drum brakes, solid axles, leaf springs, and dead
weight.  In the entire time we had it, I took it off-road once - we were
checking out a new golf course where my brother works when it was still just
dirt.

Aaron
'87 528e
'82 Scirocco