Re: (OT) Drill Cord or Battery

On Sun, 10 Jun 2001 20:28:57 -0700 (PDT) josh Wyte <josh_wyte@yahoo.com>
writes:
> Trust me, a cordless isn't going to have the torque
> necessary to drill thru the rear axle to install the
> Shine rear swaybar...
>
> -josh

What portable do you have?

I have a 1/2" 14.4V DeWALT and it will easily drill through a Volkswagen
rear.
I've had it for years without any problems. My only complaint is that it
should come with 2 battery packs.

As far as drilling through the A arm rivets, I agree that a drill press
would be the best tool for the job.
At just under $100, a drill press is cheaper than most cordless drills...

If I was in the market for a new cordless drill, I'd probably get a
re-conditioned 18V DeWALT from HarborFreight.
The 18V DeWALT is only $200 delivered, and it comes with 2 battery packs.

Peter - http://thescirocco.com -  Bear, Delaware

                                                '79 Scirocco 16V "Retro"

'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"
'84.5 Scirocco "Oddball"
'84 GTI
SciRollers For Sale, or For Parts: '79 White Champagene Edition, '80 Red,
'80 Silver, '84 Black, '88 Red