RE: ALT bracket to remove AC compressor

What you found is probably lots of the 8v non-ac bracket.  The 16v has a
different alternator body than the 8v and you can't mount it up high because
tbe intake manifold is in the way, All you have to do is a little shaving of
the mount as well as find the right pulley and belt and move the alt down to
where the a/c compressor was.

Shannon has a great write up of this and some pics on his page at
www.scirocco16v.com

Brian H