ERG to manifold connection... AAAAH!!!!

Ok I'm confused. As you may recall I need a "test
tube" and the pipe that runs from the manifold to the
EGR valve for my MK1.  In the junkyard today I found a
BUNCH of dual downpipe/4to2 manifolds.  None of which
had EGR valves.  Since the 5 Bently manuals I have are
of NO use to me as far as showing me a picture of what
I need, WILL I be able to use one of these
manifolds/downpipes to connect an EGR tube to?  OR,
should I just scrap this idea alltogether and figure
out a way to tap the plugged O2 holes on my existing
header for both a home-made EGR breather and the test
tube??  Adam Oldham here in GSO called autotech(he has
the same header and is in the SAME boat as me) and
they had no solution.   HELP!  TIA

=====
Dan May - Greensboro NC
1987 16V Scirocco
1979 Scirocco - Needs wetsanded... but that's the easy part.
1997 Tacoma 4x4 V6 Xtracab VWHAULER
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Hannibal Smith