RE: advice for removing 16v body kit!

I used 3M tape on my car about three years ago. No problems yet...

Neal

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Joe Doty
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2001 5:38 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: advice for removing 16v body kit!

well i decided to replace one of the cracked arches on my car with one in
better shape.  it was a little after noon, about 1pm, in hot-ass paso
robles, CA.  probably over 100 in the sun.  I had no shirt on and got pretty
burned after a couple hours...anyway...

it nearly fell off!  A little tugging...the only tool I used was a
screwdriver to get the screws out!  simply amazing!

pull off body kits in blistering heat!  it will suck because of the heat,
but if youve ever done it in normal weather you know how much it sucks.

now, anybody know a good way to restick it so it will come off easier next
time?  I was thinking double-sided thick tape (kind used to hold emblems
on).

Joe