RE: more sender probs

<snip Eric>
The problem was that with the
dual sender the oil light in the dash was going off, but no buzzer.  Then
this week after i got back from cincy, i tried removing the wire
altogether, but now the buzzer and light would come on a little while after
startup, and connecting the wire again made no difference.  I have tried
both poles of the sender with the same results.  Now today out of
frustration, i just put the old single sender back in again, and it works
just fine.
<end snip>

Am I reading this wrong or are you hooking up only one wire to the dual pole
sender?  There should be two wires, one to each pole.  It's been awhile
since I've hooked mine up, but I believe one pole is for the wire that was
originally there and the other for a wire to the gauge.  I'm not at my car,
so I can't verify which is connected to which pole.  I'd assume the pole
with the "G" stamped above it is for the gauge (anyone?).  Assuming you have
it hooked up right, what kind of reading are you getting on the gauge at
2000 rpm?  When I mismatched my sender (10 bar) and gauge (5 bar), it would
read around 1 - 1.2 bar.  When you pulled the dual pole sender to you verify
the 5 bar stamp on the sender?  It may have been mismatched in the Audi you
pulled it from.  I know you said they both (gauge and sender) came from the
same car, but please verify that the sender is the correct one as your
problem sounds exactly what I went through.

- Brad
'86.5 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v
'76 International Scout II