more sender probs

ok, so as you may remember, last week i was having problems when i was
installing the dual sender on my 16v.  All i did was put the oil temp
sender in the rear position on top of the oil filter housing, and put the
dual pressure sender in the front position.  The problem was that with the
dual sender the oil light in the dash was going off, but no buzzer.  Then
this week after i got back from cincy, i tried removing the wire
altogether, but now the buzzer and light would come on a little while after
startup, and connecting the wire again made no difference.  I have tried
both poles of the sender with the same results.  Now today out of
frustration, i just put the old single sender back in again, and it works
just fine.
This is a 5 bar sender out of an Audi, which i have heard is the one that
other people are using.  So either this is yet another bad sender, or there
is some other problem.  I just want to find out before i shell out even
more money for a brand new sender to see if it will correct this.
tia,

Eric Person
86.5 16v