Re: cheap wheel bearing tool, fwd from VW pickup list

I ordered it last night,

Will give feedback once it arrives and I use it!

Eric

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, S.Coleman wrote:

> Wait a sec.,....has anyone used this tool from them?  I mean this one :
> http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/taf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=45210 -
> If so I'd like to hear some feedback,....I was thinking of this being my
> next tool purchase,...but  this $80 is a lot less than the $200.00 I had
> planned on spending.
> thanks,
> Chris
>

> > > I got a Harbor Freight press, the 12Ton unit is often on sale for
> $99.99:
> > >
> > > 12T:
> http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/taf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=33497
> >

> > Holy crap, what a monster!   No wonder you have to pull your hubs to do
> the
> > job.   Pretty cool looking, but check out
> > http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/taf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=45210 -
> > $77.99, lets you swap bearings on the hub.  This is the kind of tool I
> use -
> > though the person I borrow it from paid about $380 for it.
> >
> > Josh Westhoven
> > josh@geek-out.com
> > www.geek-out.com/vw
> > www.rallyvw.com
> > '83 GTI
> > '87 Cabriolet
> > '00 Golf TDI

> majordomo@scirocco.org

Eric
Westminster, CO

76 Honda CB400F Super Sport
80 Scirocco (GF's Daily Driver)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
84 Scirocco Automatic
88 Scirocco 16v (Parts car)
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
00 Golf GL TDI (My Daily Driver)

-Kelli Fox