Adjustable fuel pressure regulator

I received some spam offering, among other things, the following device -
anybody try one of these in a VW before? <Sorry for the pic - wanted to
capture what this thing is...> I wonder whether this might cure the upper
rev lean-ness that plagues 16Vs and turbo setups...

         Give your older [car] more power and better throttle response. As
you accelerate, this adjustable, rising-rate fuel pressure regulator
automatically enriches the fuel mixture, giving you increased power. It also
improves mid-range throttle response. And since it only kicks in under hard
acceleration, it maintains stock fuel mixture levels at idle and low RPMs.

Cheers,

Christian
87 16V

JPEG image