Off Topic: 82 Rabbit turbo-convertible FS?

Moving sucks.  I might have to sell my turbo-Rabbit due to moving
complications, but I don't want to see it go to 'just anybody'.  So I'm
putting here first.  Only bad things are an oil leak that looks to be
coming from the turbo oil pick-up tube.  Also, the front tires are
wearing on the inside edges.  It might be ball joints + alignment or
maybe just alignment.

I am the third owner.  The guy who sold it to me was a 45ish year old
neurosurgeon who sold the car to 'simplify his life'.  So he went out
and bought a new S4.  He had the car since 86 and I bought it from him
March 2000 after the 88 Scirocco was wrecked.  Shortly after he bought
it back in 86, he installed a new Techtonics 2.0 and Callaway Stage III
Turbosystem (Stage III includes small intercooler, microfueler and
Callaway valve cover) running at a modest 8-9 psi.  Inside, the original
sport seats are in good condition.  The driver side seat is wearing on
the bolster with a small tear.  The dash is not cracked.  Voltmeter has
been relocated and a Callaway boost gauge was installed in its place.
Suspension is the older Neuspeed (H&R) sport springs with Koni
adjustable shocks.  I have only adjusted the shocks once.  The right
front was a little hard to turn.

It is Cirrus Grey in color and was repainted (same color) in 97.  The
top was also replaced and still looks new.  I put Euro bumpers on it
last summer and also a set of 14 x 7 TSW rims with 195/60/14 Yoko A509.
Another change I made was swapping in an AGB code tranny from the
wrecked Scirocco 16V.  The original tranny blew shortly after I bought
the car.

It runs great, is surprisingly quite reliable and is a blast to drive!
I haven't really driven it all that far - just a few 4 hour round
trips.  It does great on the highway tho.

I have receipts back to 86 and it is unreal how much money the previous
owner put into it.  He even still had the original window sticker, which
I also still have.

This is more to tell, but that's all that comes to mind at the moment.
If there is any interest out there, e-mail me off-list.  I really don't
want to sell this car, but it's looking like I might have to unless I
want to pay $1000 out of my pocket to ship it.

I am located 10 miles south of Ogden, Utah.  I only have one picture of
it at the moment.  It's at
<http://www.geocities.com/vwvr6r/Rabbit/Dcp04814.jpg>.  The rims in the
picture are 15".  I took them off because they were very heavy.  The 14"
TSWs are nice and lightweight.  Oh, the car will also come with the rims
that were on the car when I bought, which were old-school 14 x 6"
American Racing rims.

Sorry for the off-topic post, but I'd really like to see it go to
someone on this list.

Mike