Re: gas tanks...

84.5 and up.  Any car with a space-saver spare and a transfer pump should
be a likely candidate.  There is a recall on tanks for a certain range of
VINs - it may be worth a call to a dealer to ensure that yours isn't
covered before worrying about swapping out the tank yourself.

The large tanks are held to the body by a number of large retainers
'washers' and bolts, while the old tanks are held on by two straps that
are hooked into the body in under the front of the back seat and bolted to
the floor under the trunk/hatch area.

Drew

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, dave t wrote:

> speaking of gas tanks...
>
> i just found out my tank in my 88 16v is leaking. from what year/model
> scirocco can i pull a tank from?
>
> dave

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca