Re: [Non Roc] Digifart II & ABA sh!t F.I. gurus needed

I'm helping a guy with his 88 Jetta GL. I put in an ABA block at his
request 'cause Collin @ TT said it should be a very straight forward
swap. The engine was low mileage enough ('94 GTI?) so I replaced the
seals and timing belt and threw that mammer jammer in there. (MUCHO
easier than a swap on an A1!) Another trip to the yard and we had the
throttle body that would fit under the hood (3 wire) and the intake
manifold (upper) that had the fitting for the I.A.S. valve and silencer.
Timing was a snap (used the 2.0's distributor) and the original 88's
harness and brain. All the sensors went in place except the t-body which
Collin says isn't super important.

THE PROBLEM: crank crank sputter crank sputter crank crank sputter crank
sputter sputter....

I have checked the distributor and belt (flywheel and cam) DOZENS of
times now but it keep acting like it's on the verge of starting. Once I
timed the distributor so I could actually rotate it while it was being
cranked...nada. (those who know the engine know that the distributor has
two pins that go to either side of the retaining bolt preventing the
rotating normally)

Now what the F#&! am I doin' all wrong?

Help. I want my parking space back!

Eric