How to inspect a used piston?

	I was looking at some used pistons and noticed vertical scuffing on the
front and rear-facing sides of the piston, below the rings.  There was
enough to erase the horizontal machining lines.  Also, there were some
scuffed patches toward the top of the pistons.  Assuming that the
measurements are within spec, are these pistons re-useable?  Are these
normal wear marks or do they indicate serious problems?

	And while I'm at it, how do I evaluate con-rods?  My Bentley only mentions
havinging wrist pin clearance and rod alignment checked.  Is there anything
I can do visually?  Can they be magnafluxed?

Thanks, benton------