Re: thanks for the help but...

At 10:16 AM +0800 6/5/01, Dan Miller wrote:
>thank yall for the help with wiring my head unit, but it turns out i
>didnt need it.  I came home from school today, found two boxes on my
>kitchen counter.  One containing teh panasonic head unit, the otehr
>containing the donated tails (thank you tobias M.G.).  My friend and
>i sit down in the front seats, look, think, and make a brilliant
>discovery.  We can match the wires in the speaker opoenings to teh
>wires in the dash opening!!!  Then we find the constant and only
>positive, and then the negative, wire it up, install the mounting
>sleeve, and turn her on.  What an orgasmic experience! thanx for
>your help and if anybody else hpapens to have any q's, i can tell
>them evevry detail.  Boy am i glad i didnt waste 90 dollars getting
>it installed by some tool at circuit city.
>
>Thnx Again
>
>Dan Miller
>--

Dan,

Good work on reverse engineering.  ; ]

I would have you do the following, to put the cherry on top;

- If it's constant 12v you want (and who doesn't?) then run a good
gauge lead directly from the 12v+ post of the battery through the
fire wall and up intot he dash. Wire the radios main power to _this_
wire. Be sure to place a good size inline fuse [20A ?] back on the
battery end of the lead in case of shorts in the future.

-  Look up under the steering wheel for one of those 'ground roses'.
It's a cup shaped grounding point shaped like a flower, the petals
being spades. This a decent place to run your Neg ref for the radio.
(Not optimal, but decent).

The point here is to get the load of the radio ('s amp) off of the
existing wiring loom- it's old and has another job to do.

Clarity & Power.  In that order.

TBerk