I hate My Rocco right now

Ok My rocco leaves me stranded and I thought I knew the problem  but it
seems I was wrong.

The distirbutor was leaking oil and the hall sender was hanging by the wires
so I order a brand new bosch distirbutor form adirondack, install it and
after messing with the timing it runs.  Runs like crap and not drivable but
it will start.  So I check the coil wire and it was burned partly by the
exahust so i get a new one and a brand new bosch coil. still runs like crap.

Hook the timing light up to it and the light will not flash.  It has an
inductive pick up but when on the no 1 spark plug wire no flash.  I put the
pick up on the coil wire just for fun and no flash.  Take the timing light
back thinking it is bad but the new one does not flash either.  The spark
plugs are new as well. Now after runign very rough it will n0ot start again.

well shit .... What should I look at now.

Just for reference my car is an 86 16V and it was running very well about a
week ago.  The engine has about 75,000 miles on it.

please help
thanks
Robert