Re: GLI Recaros in 16v Scirocco.. Black and grey

Dan,
Unless you are like 5'1", you will need the aftermarket Recaro brackets for
the Scirocco.
I prefer the "wedge" style myself. (the other style is like the VW one)
I am 6'1" and if I sit up straight I can touch the headliner with my head
with the Scirocco bracket.
You could possibly do some cutting and welding to the GLI bracket I suppose
but that is a lot of work for most of us and would it survive an
accident.........?
Being that the A2 GLI/GTI 16V's have "true" Recaro's, they can be removed
from the VW brackets and installed on aftermarket Recaro ones.
And like Craig pointed out, the seat belts are not the same in these two
cars either so you would have to find a solution for that.
Oh, one last thing....These seats look awesome in the car, OEM looking, and
the support is even much better than the 80's aftermarket Recaro they
replaced. If you got-em, mount-em. :)

HTH

Randy
81 Scirocco S "Cosmos"