Re: [was: Poly Strut Bearings] now faded Denon & To poly or not to poly...that is the question. Whether it is rougher on the chassis and you teeth while you suffer the creaks and groans from it breaking in or would it be better to spend an outrageous fortune on derlin...to squeak, no more.

I had a few chances to pick through Ron's brain years ago while working
in retail parts and it was HIS recommendation that swayed me away from a
Motronic conversion to the European (CIS) injection...a choice I've
regretted ever since.  I may not know what Ron knows, but I am sure that
I did not get $600.00 worth of performance outta that thing that he
promised.

Could it be a case of I don't sell it, so don't *sell* it with regards to
the strut bearings and Ron/Denon? I don't know, he seemed like a good
guy, but I'll take his opinions/recommendations lightly from now on.

Here we go with the "fillings loose" again.  Maybe it's because my engine
was balanced before it went in (referring to the solid aluminum rear
mount), or perhaps the fact that I can avoid pot holes better than most
(referring to FULL poly in the suspension) but I just don't get the
"fillings loose" deal.  Hmmm, maybe because I've never had a cavity in my
30+ years? :)) BIG SMILES!

I still have dirty hands from being under the car today and even with the
poly, I have no stress cracks or visible distortions on the strut towers,
front lower valance, or anywhere for that matter.  What I still DO have
is a wasted passenger side mount. (the only one without poly...yet)

OH, as far as the roads here in Assville, NC...not the worst I'm sure,
but far from the best. Allyn M., Chris Coleman, and Alan Hoglen can
attest to that.

To each his own,
Eric
Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun!