HELP! Oil Seal Carrier Bolt Hole...re-post

At 9:30 pm last night I sent a message to the list regarding my f'd-up oil
seal carrier bolt hole, but haven't seen any replies to my message, and this
morning I show no list messages from 8:50 - 10pm, so I'm wondering if anyone
on the list even saw my message.

Basically, while building my block back up I messed up one of the holes on
the front side of the block that is used for the front oil seal carrier. The
Bentley says to torque the bolts down to 15 ft-lb, but the bolt wouldn't
tighten past 10 ft-lb. So I proceeded to damage the threads in the block and
cause little chips of cast iron to be removed from around the hole becuase I
stupidly kept trying to tighten the bolt with my torque wrench, thinking
that eventually it would get to 15 ft-lb.

I was using brand new bolts, and I thought that the bolts would strip out
before the threads in the block hole would. Boy was I wrong!

So I've now chased all the carrier holes with my 6mm tap. The damaged hole
seems to be able to hold a bolt. I also ground down and smoothed out the
area where the cast iron chipped away by sort of countersinking the hole. I
figured that would keep it from chipping any more.

I'm thinking that my next step will be to try to install the carrier again,
but this time only tightening to 10 ft-lb. I was also thinking about using
Loctite on the bolts--especially the one that I messed up.

Any thoughts on how I should proceed at this point? I know that this isn't a
high-stress area, but I'm so pissed off because up until now the re-build
has been going great. But I'll always worry about the damage if I don't get
any input from the List. F-ing Brazilian cast block!!

Thanks,
Theron