From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Ron Cooper
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2001 7:44 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Sunroof Help needed (Condition of Car is Too Good!)

Hi All,

I've got a problem with my almost pristine '86 Scirocco 8V. One that I've
not seen mentioned on the list before. The Rubber and other seals around
the passenger compartment are too good. This inspite of of the fact that
it has lived up here in the dreaded Pacific NW for awhile now. Blessed be
the previous owners who must have kept it under cover for most of it's
life.  The problem is that when one closes any of the doors without being
very careful and deliberate the sunroof pops up and Jamms.  It's then
possible to work it back into place and get it working again. This has
happened 4 or 5 times in the last week and I'm getting concerned that
if this continues more permanent damage will result. Have any of you other
listers had this problem before?

Any comments or suggestions are appriciated.

Thanks in advance

Ron Cooper

86 8V Scirocco
77 8V Scirocco

Pictures at <http://www.teleport.com/~rlc/markII.dir/Mark2.html>

Site is two years old so disregard text. Cars are about the same.