Re: semi-ot: 87 golf + pic of totalled 87 16v....

At 03:08 PM 7/21/01 -0700, you wrote:
>David Liu wrote:
> >
> > thanks to tim in sc for the offer to give away the 82, but i think it's
> > going to be too much work and money when what i need is a solid and fun
> > replacement (rip my 87 16v) for my roc.
>
>Just what is wrong with it? Just a Head?

not "just a head". in fact, the engine is still usable. the radiator and
bits and pieces of the cooling system are f*cked i'm sure (see pic). i can
still start the engine... as far as the tranny and/or drivetrain - that's
undetermined at this point in time. still haven't done the damage estimate
on my own. the front driver's side wheel well is crunched in real good and
the wheel is effectively jammed into place. if you look at the car from the
front it looks like someone with a crooked smile.

http://www.davidliu.com/8716v/8716vfrpassimpactsmall.jpg