Re: semi-ot: 87 golf

David Liu wrote:

> thanks to tim in sc for the offer to give away the 82, but i think it's
> going to be too much work and money when what i need is a solid and fun
> replacement (rip my 87 16v) for my roc.

Just what is wrong with it? Just a Head?

> a general question is: how compatible parts-wise is an 87 golf (gl, gti,
> whatever models they came in) and my 87 16v roc?

Most but not all.

> i seem to see more of these around and given my need to get back on the
> road NOW, i'm thinking of going this route and using some of the parts off
> the roc and dumping them into a golf (flame me offlist for this if you want..)
>
> later
> dave
> --

Your 16v should have come with 100 mm axles, the trans and motor should
bolt up just fine, motor mounts being swapped and all. Engine management
is a different thing.

I have a A2 GTI in the backyard right now, why don't you stop by and we
can go over it in person?

btw- I have too many cars right now but I was still thinkin If you think
it's worth it I'd be happy to help get it back on the road with ya.

TBerk
Semper Fidelis