Re: Almost Stalling at Idle.....Sometimes

> I have a Scirocco 16v with CIS-E injection. About two weeks ago my car
> started almost stalling at idle. It doesn't do it everytime I idle though.
> Usually when the car is hot, like sometimes when I stop at a red light. I'll
> stop and it will idle for a few seconds and then drop almost until the car
> stalls and then goes back to normal idle. One time it did actually stall on
> me. What could the problem be? The car never really idled perfect, but it
> never almost stalled either.
>
> Justin

The last time this happened to my car several years ago, it turned out to
be a non-functioning in tank fuel transfer pump.  The difference between
what is happening to you now and what happened to me was that mine did it
pretty much only when the engine was cold.  As someone else just pointed
out though, with CIS-E, it seems like it can be one (or two) of several
things...like an O2 sensor, coolent temp sensor, air flow sensor / plate,
idle stabilizer valve, DPR, a vacuum leak,  etc...

==Brett