Re: whats a better muffler?

Jason VW wrote:

> i just ordered the downpipe from TT and the cat-back system for my 16v. its
> comes with a dynomax muffler of some sort they say.  through my experiece
> with cars i swear by flowmaster.  but what works well on a 16v..flowmaster
> (30 series), dynomax (super turbo), borla?  i have a few friends that but
> borla systems on there cars, not VWs, and love it.  i think it sounds like
> crap and ... <snip>

I have the TT downpipe/cat & TT aluminized system w/Ultraflo stainless
muffler on the 'roc, and I love the setup.  It's a tad on the loud side,
but in a hi-po sort of way, and never gives me a headache, even on long
high-speed runs.

I had a Borla on my '97 GTI VR6, and while I liked the sound from OUTSIDE
the car, it was a disaster inside - horrible resonance from about 2300-3k
rpms and would give me a monster headache on ANY trip of over 20 minutes.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA