whats a better muffler?

i just ordered the downpipe from TT and the cat-back system for my 16v.  its
comes with a dynomax muffler of some sort they say.  through my experiece
with cars i swear by flowmaster.  but what works well on a 16v... flowmaster
(30 series), dynomax (super turbo), borla?  i have a few friends that but
borla systems on there cars, not VWs, and love it.  i think it sounds like
crap and the only reason the bought the overpriced stuff is cause its got a
life time garuntee.  i know dyno-max is just plan old reliable but not much
improvement in sound.  flowmaster the same but with a tuned muffler, without
using baffling/packing inside to generate sound.  my lifetime garuntee is
coming from a $40 dollar quart of por-20 hi-temp exhaust paint. so in terms
of what will last longer, i am not worried.  i just want to know what will
get the best sound.  thoughts anyone? what you guys got?

jason