RE: Adjusting Valve Clearance

>   My next mission is to adjust the valve clearances on my 8v JH.  I have
> a feeler gauge to measure the valve clearance.  The Bentley says I need
> a tool to depress the cam followers (no. 2078) and another tool (no.
> 10-208) to remove the adjusting disc.  If I can use something else to
> get the job done, please let me know.

The tool to depress the cam followers is very nice to have.  Is there another
way? Probably.  Is the proper tool worth the money? I think so.  To remove the
adjusting discs, you can probably just carefully pry them out with a
screwdriver.   I bought both tools.  I like tools :)  I figure the money saved
doing the work myself pays for the specialty tools.

I finally did a valve adjustment a few months ago.  This page might be of help:
<http://www.driversfound.com/scirocco/techtips/engine/valveadjustment/>

HTH!

Greg :)

Gregory Davis       1985 Euro-spec Scirocco

http://www.DriversFound.com...
THE Scirocco Enthusiast Website!

http://www.GAKMotorsports.com...
European Plates, Scirocco Gauge Panels, and more!