Re: Restoring poor old 84' lots of questions.

At 05:06 PM 7/16/01 -0400, L Crawford wrote:
>Hey Everyone,
>
>I've got a 84' that I've had for quite some time.
>She's been on blocks for the past year and a half.
>
>I've finally got the time to do some work on her, and
>she needs it...

>4) The interior is in bad shape... some punk broke
>into it and was quite upset that I'd pulled the
>battery out... I was wondering if I could pull the
>interior of a ?? year Scirocco and put it into mine..
>(ceiling and carpet are ok - door panels are a loss
>and seats need help.  Dash was already bad...)

This is the only one I can help you with I think.  You can
use the interior from any Scirocco MkII, meaning 82-88
(well at least those are the years we got in the US).

>5) Wiring... I have a nice beat up bently... but I'd
>still sware that this is all written in greek.  How
>hard to 'rewire' the engine is it?  The grounds seem
>pretty weak and most of the cabling is in bad shape.
>Haven't looked under the dash yet.  She blows fuses
>alot... :-(

Maybe find a wreck in a salvage yard that is in good shape
as far as wiring is concerned and transplant it?  Just a thought.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V - Needs an oil pump gear
'78 Scirocco Bronzish Gold color, 4 speed.