Re: Restoring poor old 84' lots of questions.

I have an 84 Scirocco, silver - you can check out pix
from all angles on my website
http://student.fortlewis.edu/~mwmages/

The car isn't perfect, but it does have the original
paint, and mostly original parts 'cept for the seats,
suspension, wheels, etc. ;)

rewiring grounds & stuff isnt too difficult - I have a
pic of some gold-plated battery terminals (outdated
pic - I have both big ones now) and some half-assed
pix of the new ground wires.

> --- L Crawford <vw_lcrawfo@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> > Hey Everyone,
> >
> > I've got a 84' that I've had for quite some time.
> > She's been on blocks for the past year and a half.
> >
> > I've finally got the time to do some work on her,
> > and
> > she needs it...
> >
> > I need advice in the following areas:
> >
> > 1) I need a body shop in Victoria, BC, Canada
> >
> > 2) I need some pictures of silver MK II's to help
> > guide me in the right 'restorative' direction.
> >
> > 4) The interior is in bad shape... some punk broke
> > into it and was quite upset that I'd pulled the
> > battery out... I was wondering if I could pull the
> > interior of a ?? year Scirocco and put it into
> > mine..
> > (ceiling and carpet are ok - door panels are a
> loss
> > and seats need help.  Dash was already bad...)
> >
> > 5) Wiring... I have a nice beat up bently... but
> I'd
> > still sware that this is all written in greek.
> How
> > hard to 'rewire' the engine is it?  The grounds
> seem
> > pretty weak and most of the cabling is in bad
> shape.
> >
> > Haven't looked under the dash yet.  She blows
> fuses
> > alot... :-(
> >
> > 6) I want to replace the coil, spark plug wires
> and
> > distributor cap... was thinking of heading to
> > Canadian
> > Tire.  Or should I just go to VW and buy the
> parts?
> >
> > 7) Do mice eat your seat foam too?
> >
> > 8) Leaking windshield.  Patched the leak awhile
> ago.
> >
> > Haven't pulled the windshield to see how bad the
> > damage is yet.  Anyone had this problem before and
> > who
> > can let me know what to expect (roughly)?
> >
> > Lee Crawford
> > 84' 8v

=====
...and they were frightened and called him the most wild thing of all and made him king of all wild things.
"And now", cried Max, "let the wild rumpus start!"

84 Scirocco 8v
87 Westfalia Gl
http://student.fortlewis.edu/~mwmages